Lottery scams: if you didn’t buy a ticket… you didn’t win!
Be cautious about unexpected phone calls, e-mails or letters announcing you just won a prize.
Check these links for information and advice from the Western Canada Lottery Corp. on lottery scams:
Group Buying Agreement
Important Information for Lottery Players
Tips on how to protect your play:
- ALWAYS print your name, address and daytime telephone number on the back of your ticket as soon as you receive it. Policy requires that all tickets have a name or signature on the back prior to being validated at retail. It's your ticket! Sign it! Protect it!
- Check your numbers using one of the following:
- Use the ticket-checker at retail
- Go to www.wclc.com/winning_numbers/
- Check winning numbers printed and posted at retail
- Call the Lotteries Yukon winning numbers line: 667-2417
- When your retailer validates your ticket:
- Ask to see your validation slip
- Confirm that the control numbers match
- If you have a winning ticket worth $1,000 or less, return the validation slip and your ticket for payment by retailer
- If you have a non-winning ticket, keep your validation slip and your ticket
- If you have a dispute or if you have winnings over $1,000, bring your validation slip and ticket to the Lotteries Yukon office at 101-205 Hawkins Street or mail them to the address on the back of your ticket
- Ticket paper is thermal sensitive. Do not leave your ticket on your vehicle’s dashboard, on a window ledge, or in any place where it may receive prolonged sunlight as the print on your ticket may disappear!
- All tickets expire. Pay attention to the expiry dates on the back of your tickets to avoid missing out on the collection of your winnings.
Have Fun and Good Luck!!